Transcripts and graduation certificates

The results of your studies are recorded as official academic documents: graduation certificates (parchments or degree certificates) and transcripts. These are official proof of your qualification.

Graduation certificates (parchments or degree certificates)

A parchment is the official certificate of your qualification and you get it for free when you graduate. If you don’t attend a graduation ceremony we will courier it to you free of charge.

You can also get access to a secure digital version via My eQuals. There is a charge of $10 for this.

Lost, damaged and uncollected parchments

You can’t order additional copies of a parchment. If you lose or damage it, contact the Graduation team.

Uncollected parchments will be destroyed after four years. There is a fee if you want a destroyed parchment reprinted or reissued.

Academic transcripts

An academic transcript is a formal and complete record of the results you have gained while studying. Since July 2017, AUT has issued digital transcripts only, using My eQuals. This means you can access and share your transcript online.

Current students

You can buy a transcript at any time before you graduate – contact the Graduation team to ask for it to be released to My eQuals. Your transcript will show all confirmed results at the time of issue and there is a cost of $20.

Free transcripts when you graduate

Every AUT student receives a free transcript when they graduate, after their qualification has been granted. This is usually uploaded to My eQuals within the few days after your graduation ceremony has taken place.


If you graduated before July 2017 you would have received a paper transcript.

You can request a digital version for a cost of $20. Contact the Graduation team to ask for your transcript to be released to My eQuals.

Digital documents and using My eQuals

My eQuals is an online academic document verification system, which has more than one million students and graduates accessing it from New Zealand and Australia.

You can use your My eQuals account to share your academic results online. You can choose who to share your documents with, and for how long.

My eQuals user guide

Signing up to My eQuals

After you graduate – or if you ask the Graduation team for a transcript before you graduate – you’ll get an email from My eQuals containing a link to register your My eQuals account.

The email will be sent to the email address you provided in your Arion account – you should log in to check the email address if your Arion account is still valid.


Access to your My eQuals account is free when you graduate. However, if you want access to your transcript before you graduate you can pay a one-off $20 fee.

Copies of your digital certifications will incur a $10 fee from My eQuals, which gives you unlimited access and ability to share the document with others, like future employers.

More information about My eQuals

You can find out more about My eQuals and how to use it on the official website.

My eQuals website

Student FAQs

Request an academic transcript

For enquiries about academic transcripts email

Website search