Open from 12 July, our new students only recreation centre on the AUT City Campus has been designed to provide you with spaces to do more than study – a space to connect with friends and cultivate your interests. With a sports court, dance and exercise studios, flexible spaces for clubs and large spaces to gather and share food, there is something here for everyone.
- 4 activity rooms (1 studio with sprung floors and mirrors, 3 studios with carpet and full AV systems)
- Cardio room
- Multi-purpose sports court
- Kitchen facilities
- Common areas with games and a large screen for viewing sports, events or films
Opening hours from 12 July 2021
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 8pm
- Friday: 7am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 2pm
- Sunday: 9am to 1pm
Use the space, your way
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Enjoy sport? Give our multi-purpose sports court a go.
- Like cardio but it’s too cold to go outside? Take the exercise bikes in the active cardio area for a spin.
- Potluck with mates? We have an oven and a kitchenette with space to gather and enjoy some kai.
- Need a place to meet? Get your club in for the next meeting.
- Love a good workshop? We have a range of upcoming workshops– from getting crafty to being mindful, we have a range of activities in store for you.
- A performing artist? Band practice? Dance classes? We have state-of-the-art facilities for you to use, all in the heart of the city and on campus.
See what's on
Book a space for your recreation activities
You can use the AUT App or the AUT Resource Booker through a desktop to book spaces in the centre. If you’re unable to make a booking through the AUT Resource Booker, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Keep this info handy while booking
- Your name
- Student ID
- What the booking is for
- Equipment required? Like volleyball nets or AV equipment
- Is it a private booking or open for all students to participate
- Each student or club can only book 1 hour each week
- You can book up to 2 weeks in advance
- If you want a longer or recurring bookings, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org