How to register your My Vaccine Pass with AUT

AUT follows the Ministry of Education Guidelines for Tertiary Education Organisations for operations under the Government Covid Protection Framework (also known as the traffic light system). AUT will operate according to the requirements of each traffic light – Red, Orange, and Green - when they are mandated by government based on advice to keep our communities safe and healthy.

We’re asking you to upload your My Vaccine Pass so we can update our systems and enable you to safely come, as mandated by Government, to any one of our campuses.

Ministry of Education Guidelines for Tertiary Education Organisations
How to get My Vaccine Pass (Unite Against COVID-19 website)

Ways to register your My Vaccine Pass with AUT

There are three ways you can register your My Vaccine Pass with AUT:

1. Scan your QR code via the AUT App
  2. Upload a screenshot from your Android/Apple Wallet
  3. Upload a copy of your PDF (or high-resolution photo of that PDF) issued by the Ministry of Health via Student Hub Online.

Make certain when you are on campus you have on your person a printed copy or digital copy of your My Vaccine Pass.

Log in and register your My Vaccine Pass with AUT

New students: your login information and registration details will be emailed to you

If you're a new student in 2022, your AUT login details and how to register your My Vaccine Pass will be emailed to you along with your Orientation information.

Registering your My Vaccine Pass via the AUT App

If you don’t already have the AUT App installed, download it from:

If you already have the AUT App installed, please ensure you’ve updated it to the latest version.

From the Main Menu select ‘Register My Vaccine Pass’

• If you have your My Vaccine Pass either on a screen in front of you or on printed course, select ‘Scan your Vaccine Pass QR Code’
    • Scan the QR Code
    • The AUT App will verify and register your My Vaccine Pass (this may take a few seconds)
  • If you have only have your My Vaccine Pass on your phone
    • Open our My Vaccine Pass in your Apple Wallet, Android Wallet, or zoom into the QR code on your My Vaccine Pass PDF and take a screenshot
    • Select ‘Upload an Image of your Vaccine Pass QR Code’ and select the screenshot.
    • The app will verify and register your ‘My Vaccine Pass’ – this may take a few seconds

Verification successful

Great, you’re good to go. Stay safe and see you soon on campus

Verification unsuccessful

Whoops, try this process again. Make sure the QR Code in your screenshot is fully visible. If you continue to have difficulty, email your My Vaccine Pass to uploadmypass@aut.ac.nz or contact the Student Hub if you need assistance:

Student Hub
0800 288 864
uploadmypass@aut.ac.nz

Registering your My Vaccine Pass via a PC or Mac

• Open your email from Ministry of Health, which holds a PDF copy of your My Vaccine Pass
  • Save a copy of your pdf copy of your My Vaccine Pass to one of your computer files
  • Head over to log in and register your My Vaccine Pass with AUT
  • Click on the Upload My Vaccine Pass - you will be taken to your files
  • Click on your saved ‘My Vaccine Pass’ document
  • Click on open
  • The system will verify (this may take a few seconds)

Verification successful

Great, you’re good to go. Stay safe and see you soon on campus.

Verification unsuccessful

Whoops, try this process again. Make sure you are clicking on the correct file. If you continue to have difficulty, email your My Vaccine Pass to uploadmypass@aut.ac.nz or contact the Student Hub if you need assistance:

Student Hub
0800 288 864
uploadmypass@aut.ac.nz

Access to campuses at Red

Find out about access to campuses when we're at the Red setting.

Find out more

Website search