Here are some of the sports you can get involved with during your time at AUT.
Basketball (2 mens, 1 women’s team)
Football (1 men’s, 1 women’s team)
Netball (4 + women’s teams)
Ultimate frisbee (1 team)
UTSNZ (University & Tertiary Sport NZ) National Tertiary Events
Represent AUT in one (or more) of the below competitive sports tournaments vs athletes from the other NZ universities:
- Rowing: 11 to 12 April – Twizel
- Futsal: 16 to 19 April – Tauranga
- Basketball (3x3): 24 to 25 April – Dunedin
- Hockey: 6 to 8 May – Palmerston North
- Volleyball: 18 to 19 July – Christchurch
- Ultimate Frisbee (mixed): 29 to 30 August, Christchurch
- Badminton (mixed): 2 to 3 September – Wellington
- Table Tennis: 3 to 4 September – Hamilton
- Netball: 26 to 27 September – Auckland
- Basketball (5x5): 18 to 20 September – Auckland
Recreational sport, ‘pick up and play’ activities (Gear to Go) and one-off tournaments
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date.
AUT Sport on Facebook
Social sport (indoor netball, 6-a-side football, indoor volleyball)
AUT Social Sport page on Facebook
Students living in AUT's student accommodation - Wellesley Student Apartments and Akoranga Student Village - compete against each other in the Annual Battle of the Bridge Series Tournament. Keep an ear out in your residential apartments to get involved.
Seasonal sport teams and clubs
At AUT you can participate in a wide variety of sports. The AUT Sport team supports students on all campuses and helps new and established teams compete in domestic and national leagues and tournaments.