X Challenge ideas competition

Are you working on an exciting project? Trying to get a new start-up off the ground? Have a great idea but don't know what to do with it? Or perhaps you don’t have an idea but you’d like to embark on a fun entrepreneurial journey and build your skills.

The Accelerator: finalists announced

The Accelerator has now closed for entries – find out who the finalists are.

Finalists announced

USD$10k AWS credit just for entering? That's right!

When you enter X Challenge, we can hook you up with support from our sponsors, Amazon Web Services (AWS), by giving eligible entries access to their Activate Program.

The programme includes USD $10k in AWS Promotional Credit, access to AWS Cloud Support Engineers, and credit for Self-Paced Labs.

Even if you aren't selected as a finalist in The Accelerator, you can take advantage of these benefits just for entering. Thanks AWS!

About the AWS package and eligibility criteria

Events and workshops

Come along to an X Challenge workshop, information session or related event. Over the next 12 weeks the X Challenge team will host weekly workshops and 1:1 sessions, giving you access to expert advice.

View all workshops and events

Join our Facebook community

Get the latest info, hear about events, get support and meet like-minded folk.

X Challenge on Facebook

Student FAQs

Testimonials

“I’ve run start-ups before, but X Challenge was a game changer. It allowed me to meet supportive mentors as well as other experts who believed in my idea and helped me fine-tune my approach.”
Mohd Akhtaar - Mindful Muslim, 2020 Supreme Winner

"X Challenge was one of the best learning opportunities I experienced during my six years at AUT. It helped our idea move from a concept, to something tangible with the potential to launch."
Aimee Moss – giveagood, 2019 Runner Up

"X Challenge is such an amazing opportunity to grow your skillset, and ways of thinking and working. It helped us (Flat Essentials) reflect, learn, and adapt, especially as we went through the ideation process."
Finlay Barnett – Flat Essentials, 2019 Finalist

Contact us

Shayna McWhirter
shayna.mcwhirter@aut.ac.nz

Website search