This page describes the terms and conditions of X Challenge.
X Challenge The Accelerator: eligibility criteria
- The X Challenge is open to individual entrants or team entries where at least one team member (and the key contact for the team) is a currently enrolled student of AUT. This AUT student must have an active and significant role within the team. For entries to The Accelerator, current enrollment must be up to The Final Pitch Night, 20 October, 2020. Winning entries from previous years AUT competitions cannot be resubmitted to the 2020 competition.
- Any addition or withdrawal of team members must be made in writing to the X Challenge organising team and should be signed by all original team members.
- The information you disclose in your entry and the inherent Intellectual Property (IP) should belong to you or your team and should be the product of your own work.
- Ensure you have the rights to disclose the Intellectual Property or confidential information of another party before you disclose it.
- By entering X Challenge The Accelerator, you may be disclosing and demonstrating your entry to the public if you are selected as a finalist. Final Pitch Night will be a gazetted* event but this disclosure may impact on your ability to formally protect your Intellectual Property Rights. You must ensure that you are comfortable sharing any information and ideas in this way.
- The Public Disclosure statement provided by a team will not be confidential and may be used in promotional materials.
- Each team or competitor agrees to protect the confidentiality of any information shared between other competitors participating in X Challenge.
- By accepting these Terms, the entrant agrees that AUT may use the entrant's name, as well as video and photos taken throughout the course of the competition, for the purpose of promoting X Challenge and AUT. These promotional activities will not disclose any details of your idea. No financial compensation will be paid to the entrant for cooperation in promotional activities.
- I understand the X Challenge organising committee have the right to remove my idea if, in their opinion I have not abided by the above reliability criteria.
- The AUT Student Entrepreneurship team is not liable for any damages as a result of these actions.
- AUT is not liable for any Intellectual Property Infringement that arises from entries.
- No entrant can use the AUT brands for marketing, advertising, public relations and endorsement or other similar purposes without prior consent.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- AUT reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions.
The Accelerator entry guidelines
- For The Accelerator, entrants are required to submit a business plan using concepts that are at least at proof-of-concept or prototype stage.
- Since the X Challenge is a competitive process, the more developed your commercial concept is, the better.
- The project can be from any discipline or commercial domain.
- Entrants are encouraged to include information on any interest shown by industry, any customer feedback or any stats on sales already achieved (if the concept has progressed that far).
The Accelerator conditions of award
- X Challenge The Accelerator is open to individual entrants or team entries where at least one team member is a current enrolled student of AUT. This AUT student must have an active and significant role within the team. For entries to The Accelerator, current enrollment must be up to The Final Pitch Night, 20 October, 2020.
- Winning entries, or materially similar ideas, from previous AUT competitions cannot be resubmitted to the 2020 competition.
- X Challenge The Accelerator will be judged by a panel of industry experts. The decision of the Judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The awarded cash grant prizes for The Accelerator will be payable upon receiving account details from the finalists no later than three months from the date of the award.
- It is the finalists' responsibility for their own tax obligations on the receipt of grant consideration.
- The grants from The Accelerator may only be spent on eligible project-related expenses, such as; market analysis, IP analysis, business planning, technical development and testing, business development and marketing.
*Gazetting opens up a six month window of opportunity to file a New Zealand patent or design application after an idea has been displayed at a gazetted event.