If you don't always have access to your personal computer or a place to study, you can make a computer or study room booking. This page describes how to book a computer or study room online, as well as the rules around bookings.
Some computers must be booked online ahead of time, but there are some you can use on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Study spaces and PCs available during library hours
At the current setting of the COVID-19 Protection Framework, you can use study spaces and Tech Central computers during library hours.
Library opening hours
Book a computer or group study room
- Go to www.labbooking.aut.ac.nz
- Login using your AUT network login and password
- Choose a campus or room, computer type and the date for your booking
- All bookable PCs in that lab area will be shown as time slots
- Choose an available time slot and confirm the start/end time for your booking, and click 'Save'
- Each booking slot is available for a maximum of 2 hours
- You may have up to two advanced bookings at any one time
- You have 15 minutes to show up for your booking before it expires. During this time, only you can log in on the computer
- Logging into study room PCs is not required. Study rooms will remain reserved for the duration of your booking (2 hours)
- You can only book up to 7 days in advance
- You will be notified 10, 5, and 3 minutes in advance before your booking end time. You will be automatically logged off at the end of your booking time and any unsaved work will be lost
- If a computer has not been booked, you may freely use it without a booking. The system will automatically book you until the next booking or for 2 hours if no booking has been made after you
- If you find a faulty computer or equipment, you must report it to the IT Service Desk. Faulty computers will be made unavailable until they have been repaired
- Due to the unpredictability of computer faults, making a booking does not completely guarantee that you will be able to use that computer
You can borrow a laptop for up to 3 hours at a time, during Tech Central operating hours. To borrow a laptop, use one of the self-service Laptop Kiosks in the Tech Central areas on each campus.
Printing and copying
You can print remotely from your own device – check the printing and copying page for more information.
Printing and copying