At alert level 3, the university remains closed. However, if your home environment is not suitable to study, limited study spaces and computers are available within the libraries on all three campuses from 9am to 5pm, and open until 5.30pm from Monday 18 October to Friday 5 November to allow you to complete online exams on campus. Bookings are essential. Please book your space before you come on to campus. The AUT Libraries will be closed on Labour Day, Monday 25 October.
Book a study space or PC on campus
You can reserve an individual study space or a computer using the AUT app or call ahead first on 09 921 9945. Please don’t use the Lab Booking tool for this – use your AUT App:
- Tap on the three dashes at the bottom in your navigation panel
- Select ‘Make a Booking’
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete your booking
Book a PC to access remotely from home
- Go to labbooking.aut.ac.nz (If you are visiting campus at alert level 3, please do not use this system to book a computer, use the AUT App instead)
- Login using your AUT network login and password
- Choose a campus or room, computer type and the date for your booking
- All bookable PCs in that lab area will be shown as time slots
- Choose an available time slot and confirm the start/end time for your booking, and click 'Save'
On campus study space booking rules
- AUT libraries and Tech Central will be open for study spaces Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm at North, City and South campuses.
- You can book in for 2 sessions each day, 9am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-5pm. You can book your sessions via the AUT App. All desks and computers will be numbered to match the booking system, so you know which space is reserved for you.
- You will be required to leave the spaces between 12.30pm and 1.30pm so we can clean them.
- Make sure you bring your ID card along – this will help our concierge staff to check your your booking.
- There will be some library and ICT staff available to assist you if you need help when you’re there.
- When using study spaces, maintain physical distancing of at least one metre and wear a face mask at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitising facilities.
- There is no food provision open on campus during alert level 3.
- When on campus, stay safe by using the NZ COVID Tracer app (with bluetooth enabled) and connecting to AUT wifi. These are the best ways to help contact tracing on campus.
- Only students with confirmed bookings are allowed on campus at alert level 3. There will be a security concierge to direct you.
- If you no longer require an existing booking, remember to cancel it and free up that space for someone else.