How to access your student email
- Go to Student Mail and log in using your AUT student email address and network password*; or
- Select Outlook from the Office 365 app (or waffle) on Student Hub Online.
*Your AUT student email address is your network firstname.lastname@example.org, eg email@example.com and your password is just your network login password.
Syncing your student email to your mobile device
Set up sync for Office 365 email on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If this is the first email account on your Apple device, tap 'Mail'. Otherwise, tap 'Settings' > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > 'Add Account'.
- Tap 'Microsoft Exchange'.
- You don't need to type anything in the Domain box. Type the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. You need to type your full email address in the Email and Username boxes (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tap 'Next' on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronise between your account and your device, and then touch 'Save'. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronised.
- If you're prompted to create a passcode, tap 'Continue' and type a numeric passcode. If you don't set up a passcode, you can't view your email account on your Apple Device.
Set up sync for Office 365 on Android
- From the Applications menu, select 'Email', or 'Mail' on some versions of Android.
- Type your email address such as email@example.com
- Type your email password, then select 'Next'.
- Select 'Exchange Account', or 'Exchange ActiveSync' on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select 'Next Domain\Username'. Type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your email address in the Username.
On some versions of Android, you need to use the domain\username format. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, type autuni.ac.nz\computerlogin.
Your username is your full email address - email@example.com
- Password - Use the password that you use to access your email.
- Exchange Server - Use this address (outlook.office365.com)
As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the 'Account Options' screen is displayed. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device.
Account options may include
Email checking frequency - The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. Recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
Amount to Synchronise - This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several options, including One day, Three days, and One Week.
Notify me when email arrives - Your phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
Sync contact from this account - Your contacts will be synchronised between your phone and your account.
Select 'Next' and then type a name for this account - eg AUT Student Email.
Type a name you want displayed when you send emails to people - eg your name.
Select 'Done' to complete the email setup and start using your account.