Printers and photocopiers are located at various locations within the Tech Central areas and the library. You will need to login to these devices by swiping your student ID card or by logging in with your network login and password, using the touchscreen option.
Cost to print and copy
A4 and A3:
- Black and White: 5 cents per page
- Colour: 25 cents per page
To print a document from a university computer, follow these steps:
- Click the File button in the top left corner
- Select the Print option [Ctrl-P]
- Select the printer: FollowYou_B&WStudent or FollowYou_B&WStapled for black and white printing or FollowYou_ColourStudent for colour printing.
- Click on the Print button.
- A screen will pop-up showing your print balance and cost of the print job. Click ‘Accept’ to submit the job to the printer.
- Login to one of the printers using your network login and password or by swiping your ID card.
- Select 'My Print'
- To print individual print jobs, select the job from the displayed list and select Print
- Or to release all print jobs, select Select All and then select Print
- Once everything is printed, select the Login/out button on printer keypad.
Web printing is available to enable you to print using University printers from your personal device, including iPads, iPhones, and laptops.
To do this:
- Go to Web printing
- Log into the Fuji printeron website using your network login ID and password, the same ones you would use to log into an AUT computer or Student Hub Online with.
- Select the type of printing you want to use, 'aut_followyoubw' will print in black and white and 'aut_followyoucolour' will print in colour.
- Click on 'Choose File' and select the file you want to print. You can also enter a specific page range to be printed here as well as the number of copies needed.
- Enter any additional printing requirements such as the paper size (the printers contain A3 and A4), whether the printing will be single or double sided, and the page orientation.
- Click on 'Continue' to send your print job to the printer. Once the green complete box appears the document will be in the printer queue ready to print.
- Log into one of the printers using your network login and password or your ID card.
- Select 'My Print'.
- To print individual print jobs, select the job from the displayed list and select 'Print'.
- Or to release all print jobs, select 'Select All' and then select 'Print'.
- Once everything is printed, select the 'Login/out' button on printer keypad.