Study help and assessment info

Find out what's expected of you as an AUT student and what services we offer to help you succeed in your studies. Explore study tools and support services, and learn how assessments and exams work – including how to appeal a result and what your grades mean.

Tips from other students

Content Container

Ella Rea-Rankin

Ngāti Maniapoto
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
“I’ve found it really helpful to use a diary to plan how to approach the workload and to set my own deadlines for assignments before the actual due date. Staying organised and having a plan reduces stress and helps you feel on top of everything.”
Content Container

Bradley White

Bachelor of Education (Primary Teaching)
“As a ‘mature’ student, I wasn’t sure if I was up to the challenge of study at this level. Managing to do better than I thought improved my confidence and excitement at what is in the future. Of course, this wouldn’t have been possible without support from lecturers and the support services at AUT, including Studiosity and the resources available through the libraries.”
Content Container

Terina Hauraki

Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Wai
Bachelor of Architecture and Future Environments
“My advice would be to find your fun space, ensure that you enjoy your university time and always manage your time well through making calendars or lists which can structure your time. My biggest piece of advice is to always ask, and never be afraid to go to other students and lecturers.”
Content Container

Hung Tran

Master of Construction Management
“My advice for students is to visit the AUT library website, read through all the sections about academic writing and attend the academic writing workshops held by the AUT library during the orientation before the first semester starts.”
Content Container

Madison Tibbits

Bachelor of Business
“Creating a balanced study schedule and having a strong support system is the key for academic success. You can achieve this by managing your time outside of class effectively.”

Contact us

The Hub

Need help or have a question?

Contact the Student Hub throughout your studies at AUT.

Email: studenthub@aut.ac.nz
Phone: 0800 288 864
Contact us online

Hub hours