We offer free counselling and mental health support to all AUT students based in New Zealand:
- If you are a student based in Auckland, you can choose to have a face to face, phone or video appointment (face to face appointments may not be available during some COVID-19 alert levels)
- If you're a distance student living in New Zealand, you can make phone or video appointments with us
- If you are studying outside New Zealand, you need to access counselling or mental health services in the country you are living in. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide counselling and mental health services if you are not in New Zealand.
Make an appointment with us
You can make an appointment with an AUT counsellor or mental health advisor to talk about your support needs. Phone +64 9 921 9292 or email email@example.com – have your student ID number ready.
Talk to us about your appointment needs so we can ensure you have the appropriate booking.
You may also wish to explore:
We are available Monday to Friday between 8.30am - 4.30pm.
- Free for all enrolled domestic AUT students.
- International students: The cost is covered by your insurance provider.
- Sessions are generally 50 minutes.
- Most people usually need 1-3 sessions.
- Private and identifying information shared in counselling or mental health support sessions is not revealed to others, unless there is a concern for yours or another person's safety - in these cases, it is ethical for a counsellor or mental health advisor to break confidentiality and they would discuss this with you.
- Your permission is required for information to be shared with other health professionals.
- Written notes and data records are kept for each counselling or mental health support visit in a secure environment.
- All counsellors and mental health advisors are required to have regular supervision to discuss their work, but your identity remains private.