Financial services and support for students

We understand that studying can be tough on your finances. That's why we have a team of helpful and approachable staff who can help you. Contact the Student Hub – we’re here to help. Phone 0800 AUT UNI or email us at

Financial assistance

Financial assistance is available throughout the year to AUT students. If you're experiencing financial difficulty while studying at AUT, we may be able to provide the following financial assistance:

  • Food or transport vouchers
  • Vouchers for household needs
  • Rent arrears payments to landlords
  • Utilities and other living expenses

Applying for financial assistance

Contact the Student Hub who will check that you have full eligibility.

Relevant websites

​There are a number of great websites when it comes t​o budgeting and money management while you're studying.


You can apply online for a student loan or allowance.

Apply to StudyLink​

​Inland Revenue Department (IRD)

Inland Revenue can answer your questions and queries regarding general student loan enquiries, KiwiSaver, child support, family assistance, tax, and how to obtain an IRD number.

IRD website​


Sorted is a free online tool funded by the government and is dedicated to helping you manage your money and personal finances. It will help you budget and plan for your future.

Sorted​ website

FinCap (Financial Capability)

FinCap is a trust supported by the Ministry of Social Development that provides budgeting services.

FinCap website

Healthy Food Guide

The Healthy Food Guide website provides recipes and other useful information and a monthly digital magazine (magazine requires a subscription fee) that helps you make healthy food decisions.

Healthy Food Guide​ website

Tenancy Services

Tenancy Services provides information and advocacy for renters. The  Rent, bond and bills section has information about the landlord’s and tenant’s responsibilities, and how to resolve any disputes that arise.

Rend, bond and bills on Tenancy Serv​ices website​

Student FAQs

Contact us

Need help or have a question?

Contact the Student Hub

Hub hours

Website search