As a domestic student you can use your student ID card to access library and computer facilities, use photocopiers and get student discounts. This page has information on AUT student ID cards and how to get a replacement card.
Receiving your ID card: what you need to do
- You will automatically receive your ID card when you have been enrolled and invoiced for your papers – if you have supplied a photograph
- The cost of the ID card is included in your tuition fee
- Your ID card will be mailed to you
- Check that your postal address is correct in Arion
Need to supply a photograph?
Send your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can upload via Arion > Personal Details > Upload ID Photo
Your AUT Student ID card photo needs to be:
- A recent photo
- Full colour, saved in Jpeg, Jpg,or Png file format
- Greater than 500kb and less than 10MB
- Minimum 400 pixels wide x 300 pixels high
- Maximum 4500 pixels wide x 6000 pixels high
- Aspect Ratio: 4.3 (proportion between width and height)
- A full-front view of your face, head and shoulders. Your eyes must be open
- No sunglasses may be worn. Tinted prescription glasses may be worn, provided your eyes are still visible.
- Without hats, head coverings or head bands (except for religious purposes)
- You should expect to receive your student ID card in the mail (to Auckland addresses only) within 1 to 2 weeks.
Uses for your student ID card
- Proof of enrolment, access to class and entry to exams
- Access to library facilities
- Use of photocopiers
- Access to computer facilities
- Student discounts where applicable, in conjunction with AUTSA – the AUT students’ association
Always carry your student ID card when you are on campus and present it to AUT staff if requested.
The card is non-transferable and remains the property of AUT.
Lost ID cards: how to get a replacement card
- Visit the Student Hub to get a replacement card
- There may be a $30 replacement charge