Harassment is not acceptable at AUT. Harassment is unwanted and unwelcome behaviour which makes it difficult to work and study peacefully and safely.
Harassment is a pattern of behaviour which is:
- Unwanted by the recipient
- Repeated or of a significant nature
- Harmful to the recipient
Forms of harassment
Harassment can be:
- Written material
- Spoken communication (face to face, phone call)
- Physical actions such as unwanted touching
- Pictures or drawings
- Electronic such as cyber bullying or cyber harassment
- People may be harassed because of their race, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, family or marital status
Preventing Bullying and Harassment Procedures
Report an incident of sexual harm, harassment or bullying
You can report an incident using our online form.
Report sexual harm or harassment
Consent Matters online course
Consent Matters is an online course that explores sexual consent, bystander intervention and more. You can find out more about what the course offers by logging into Blackboard.